The City

It's been a while since I posted a poem or story. Actually its been a month and a half...
Anyways, this one was for english and its about the city (duh) Coz I was picturing Kinokuniya and then I thought of that large window that they have overlooking town square. Have you seen it? *sigh* So beautiful. I feel like going there now.

*****

The City

Sunlight breaking through,
Rays like fingers creeping,
Over the lofty rooftops,
And past the traffic beeping.

Hands pressed against the glass,
Gazing down upon the street,
If I listened carefully,
I could hear the city’s beat.

The line of traffic crawling,
A parade of colourful machines,
Beeping, honking, shouting,
Hues of reds, blues and even greens.

Skyscrapers towering above,
Tunnels running below,
Overpasses stretching onwards,
As people run to and fro.

The pounding of their legs,
As individuals wander by,
Savory smells drifting past,
From bakeries selling pies.

Couples huddle near the statue,
Socialites gossip at the café,
The homeless hide in shadows,
All this, I survey.

Away from all the noise,
I watch these events unfurl,
Behind this large glass window,
I sit and watch the world.

*****

P.S I like criticism. Good or bad, I don't care, just tell me what you think.

Comments
One Response to “The City”
  1. Snezana says:

    Hmmmm. Cynthia im disappointed! You could've done better. LOL. Jokes. Its really good

Leave A Comment